Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ibanez S920

I played this guitar yesterday at Guitar Center. As the title states, this is the new Ibanez S920. It was hanging up high and caught my attention because of its super-thin neck. I saw on Ibanez's website that this is a new model. This Ibanez is by far the best soloist I have ever played - even better than my Jackson SLSMG. But this doesn't mean I would trade it for the Jackson. I would trade it for my Ibanez RG 350 DX. I feel like I have so much control of this thing. I played many solos I knew. Even chugged some rhythms. I did this all through my new favorite amp that I mentioned before: the Peavey Valveking 112. That amp has so much tasty crunch. It sounds great with a 7-string and this Ibanez S920. It's easy to get a good rhythm or lead tone, and the built-in reverb sings a baby to sleep. This Ibanez has got to be my guitar. The pickups are awesome! It has my favorite EMG 81 pickup in the bridge, and an EMG 60 in the neck. I had never heard that one before, but it is a beautiful sound. The output of the active pickups are plenty. If this is the attitude of active pickups, I dig them for leads. Next time I go back and play it I will have to take my camera and shoot a video for you guys.

So here are my plans when the funds become available:

- Trade in Fender Mustang 1 amp for the Peavey Valveking 112.
- Keep Jackson SLSMG, but set it back up near standard Eb tuning.
- Trade in Ibanez IJX 121 for a 7 or 8-string.
- Trade in Ibanez RG 350 DX for the Ibanez S920.

No comments:

Post a Comment