Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Making a difference (you should read this)

I don't each much at McDonald's anymore (as it is unhealthy), but when I did this young woman would occasionally be the one taking the drive-through order. She is always very nice. She treats her customers as royalty. You just don't see that enough, especially in fast food. This young woman has come through my register line at Walmart a few times. Last time she came through I felt the prompting of the Holy Spirit to "make a difference." I hesitated, but did finally say at the end of the transaction I had been through McDonald's a lot in the past. I told her how I could always count on her to be nice and I really appreciated it. Of course, she said thank you. I made her day. I could tell. And wouldn't you be smiling? After those years of hard work, never knowing the difference you had made, someone comes along and tells you how much they appreciate you.

I will bet she will remember me now. I'm probably not going to be among the "sea of faces." Do you often wonder if you ever make differences in people's lives? Well, I do. And believe it or not, we all make some sort of difference. Just think right now - what if you were never born - try to think what it would be like for those around you - without YOU. You are a very special person. God has a plan for you and he has a plan for me. He's got everybody's life planned out. But think if you weren't here. Would people's lives be drastically changed, or just slightly? Either way, our very presence in this world makes some sort of a difference. God doesn't create anybody without a purpose. Don't believe me?

~ The most important part ~
In the Bible, there is a book called John. In chapter 6, verse 40 Jesus tells us that it's the will of God the Father that everybody believes in what Jesus did for them, relying on him to take our blame and guilt. He died and was separated from the Father for us all so we wouldn't have to be for all of eternity. You don't have to fix your life before you come to him. You can't. You just can't. Jesus does it for you. He the best "soul mechanic" around, and better yet he's free! Jesus wants to become a part of your life. All you have to do is let go - let go of your ways and let Jesus have the wheel of your life. He will set you free. You see? He has a purpose for everyone, even you.


If you are already saved as a believer in Christ, I rejoice!! I will see you at the pearly gates, but are you letting him use you to make a difference? What I mean is, are you looking for opportunities to help people who need the Lord or just need encouragement? They are out there, people. More than there are not. God tells us many find the wide path of the world, but few will find Jesus. (This brings tears to my eyes.)

Go make a difference in the world. Change the world one person at a time. There's not much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment