Thursday, February 7, 2013

New Guitar!!

I got a new guitar!! And I did something I said I would never do. I traded in my first guitar, my cheap Ibanez IJX 121. I didn't use it anymore anyway. My buddy, Dakota, talked me into it. Actually, I was originally wanting to buy a used Ibanez 7321 7-string. But there was too much work that needed to be performed, plus it was scratched up and stuff. I randomly picked up this guitar because of the color and exotic body design. I was really impressed with the way it played and it felt good in my hands. The price tag was 259.99. For the price, it is an awesome guitar and sounds amazing. When you split the coils with the pickup selector, you can get a tasty blues tone, and of course the neck pickup just juices it up some more. The bridge pickup is nice and reminds me of the EMG 81. Here's the specs, yo:

ESP LTD F-50

Bolt-On Construction
25.5" Scale
Basswood Body
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
42mm Standard Nut
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Chrome Hardware
LTD Tuners
TOM Bridge
ESP Designed LH-150 (B & N) p.u.
Finish: BCH (Black Cherry), BLK
3-Way Toggle

I will find some time to do a playthrough of this guitar soon. :) For more pics, check out my public picture album. Dakota took a video of me talking about giving up my first guitar. Check back later and I will try to remember to place it here, or it might be in a new blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment