Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Luck of the Draw

You know how we have the expression "...the luck of the draw?" I was thinking this morning how with God there is never a luck of the draw. He is always in control. I don't understand why all of the devastation is occurring all over the world, but God does. He has the ultimate plan for us. Human reasoning says this is nothing but the luck of the draw. Hopefully luck will bring me through today, and [fill in the blank]. The fact is that God controls everything. He does allow things to happen. The bad in this world is because of sin - the wrongs things people do; that includes you and me. Is that to say that every bad thing that happens to me is God's judgement? No, not all the time. He does judge, but bad things happen simply because of the presence of sin in the world. 

I suppose it's all how you look at it, regarding luck and all. I was told by a friend that it's good luck for us if we don't die, even though it's God's hand that is protecting us. I personally do not look at it that way. I like to stay away from the idea of luck. I do this because luck reminds me of "karma" and such. It makes it sound like God doesn't have anything to do with our lives.

Anyway, the point of this post is to reassure you that even in the midst of all these disasters, God is watching it all. He may choose to stop it, or He may not. We have to trust in Him. 

Peace out, my friends.
-Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment